If you are having diffcuilites viewing the form, please click here.
The form should be used only to report illegal or unethical activity that the reporter wishes to report anonymously. Please keep in mind that any reports can only be investigated as far as the details allow, it is preferred that any concerns are addressed directly with the Academy Director, Academy Managing Director, the Principal at the dancer’s location or the Human Resources Director of Ballet West when possible. Concerns regarding placement, casting or dissatisfaction with Ballet West Academy classes or teachers should be reported directly to the Academy Director, Academy Managing Director or the Principal at the dancer’s location.
All students, faculty, parents, staff and volunteers of Ballet West have a duty to report illegal or unethical activity to the appropriate level of management. Reporting can be anonymous or if requested, strictly anonymous and confidential.
At Ballet West, anyone who reports abuse, unethical or illegal activity will not be retaliated against for making the report. Any retaliation on someone who has reported on a suspicious activity will not be tolerated and the offending retaliator will be subject to disciplinary action and possible termination. The report will be investigated and even if determined not to be waste, fraud or abuse, the individual making the report will not be retaliated against. There will be no punishment for reporting problems – including dismissal or suspension from the program, demotion, suspension, harassment, failure to consider the employee for promotion, or any other kind of discrimination. However, anyone filing a complaint must be acting in good faith and have reasonable grounds for believing the information disclosed indicates fraud or unethical behavior. Any allegations which prove to have been made maliciously or knowingly to be false will be viewed as a serious offense subject to disciplinary action and possible termination.
To make a report of suspected waste, fraud or abuse:
- Submit a report in writing, or speak to the Academy Director or
- Academy Managing Director or
- Human Resources Director.
- Submit an anonymous report
Here is what we will do when a report is received:
- The Academy Director, Academy Managing Director or Human Resources Director will notify the sender and acknowledge receipt of the reported violation or suspected violation within five business days when the report is submitted in writing.
- All reported concerns or complaints regarding corporate accounting practices, internal controls or auditing will be brought to the attention of the Executive Director or Ballet West’s Finance Committee.
- All reports will be promptly investigated and appropriate corrective action will be taken if warranted by the investigation.
Here is how we will follow up to report on our findings:
- Take steps to deal with the issue addressed, including making operational or personnel changes.
- If warranted, contact law enforcement to deal with any criminal activities.
- Provide the Executive Director of the Finance Committee or Board of Directors with regular summaries of reports received and actions taken.